Deputy Manager RESIG – Private Equity and Real Estate
EisnerAmper is seeking a Deputy Manager to join the Private Equity and Real Estate in our Bangalore and Mumbai office. We are seeking someone who thrives in a growing environment and providing clients with exceptional services.
About our RESIG Team
- Accountability for work product of the team
- Dissemination and Review of NAVs for PE Funds, while following generally accepted accounting principles, and local tax requirements.
- Complete regulatory reporting and associated client reporting requirements covering all aspects of the fund’s valuation, portfolio, expenses, and transaction volumes ensuring a variety of standard and client/regulatory formats
- Preparation/review of quarterly reporting to investors on the Funds’ and Portfolio companies’
- Performance (comprising NAV, IRRs, costs, and investors’ capital accounts)
- Preparation/review of financial statements of Funds (as per defined Accounting Principles) and various audit
- Schedules for the timely completion of statutory audit
- Assist Management team for broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters affecting clients.
- Working with the team in other locations both locally and onshore to define strategy and new projects, including prioritizations.
- Identify and implement corrective action plans across teams while analysing and assessing business risk
- Working with technology teams as needed, by assisting in special projects, developing bespoke reports, developing specifications, product implementation and UAT.
- Serve as primary point of escalation for internal/external staff queries, and develop/manage process, productivity, and quality standards
- Periodic certification of the standard operating procedure documents to keep up with the process updates and rolling them forward to the upcoming funds and new transitions.
- Identify and implement service, system, and process enhancements, lead and evaluate system testing, and train staff on new technology enhancement
- Ensure all MIS/Trackers are accurate and reported on time.
- To be cognizant and consider cross functional impact and dependencies and actively participate with other teams towards overall operations improvement.
Client/CRM Satisfaction (10%)
- Effective engagement with assigned Clients/CRMs to build rapport and proactively manage expectations through various calls/scheduled meetings
- Ensure continuous focus and improvement in service quality for all the assigned deliverables
- Maintain required transparency and communication with Client/CRMs
- Strive to attain 100% client reference and recommendation
People Management and Retention (5%)
- Mentor and foster leadership skills and best practices amongst the team members
- Manage a team of professionals to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties as well as support mechanism for achievement including SMART goal settings
- Encourage and facilitate team communication and rapport building within/across offices
- Build employee motivation and engagement through innovative programs
- Proactively manage attrition
- Identify, mentor and fast track high performers
- Nominate deserving team members for promotions/awards
- Maintain high morale and integrity for self and team
- Ensure awareness of cultural diversity inherent with global teams
- Conduct adequate one on one and group meetings with your teams
- Complete team assessments on a periodic basis
- Manage people’s career aspirations and ensure to keep those in line with organization’s goals
Process Improvements, Special Projects, and SOC II Certification (10%)
- Monitor and review benchmark hours and track variances against actual utilization along with appropriate justifications
- Identify efficiency gaps and Implement process improvements
- Strive to increase utilization per FTE through increased productivity and efficiency
- Implement automation/process improvements which result in FTE and Cycle time save
- Monitor ageing of IT bugs and Development requests and follow up with IT to ensure timely closure.
- Actively involve and contribute towards Special projects driven by Management
- Ensure internal controls and procedures are aligned to requirements of SOC II Type 1 requirements
- Achieve 100% success in SOC II Type 1 Audit
Basic qualifications for the opportunity
- The ideal candidate must have an MBA (Finance) / CFA / CA or equivalent qualification
- 6-8 years of work experience in Fund Accounting preferably with hands on experience in Private Equity Funds
- In-depth domain and knowledge of financial markets is a must
- Attention to detail and ability to work with minimal Supervision in a time pressure environment
- Drive to enhance process efficiencies and effectiveness
- Strong project management skills and effective managerial ability
- strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel is a must.
- Experience in Yardi application will have an added advantage
EisnerAmper is one of the largest accounting, tax, and business advisory firms in the U.S., with more than 3,000 employees and 300 partners. Joining EisnerAmper means being part of an organization that is client-focused, accountable, principled, and relationship-oriented. Each member of the EisnerAmper team is passionate about rolling up their sleeves and working hard to help clients build success. Daily activity at the firm is fast-paced, varied, collaborative, and organized around shared accomplishments– with our clients and each other.
Our firm provides a full menu of audit, tax, advisory, and compliance services to clients in industry sectors as diverse as financial services, health care, law, life sciences, manufacturing and distribution, non-profit, real estate, sports and entertainment, and technology.
Our reach extends globally, with offices in India, the United Kingdom, Israel, the Cayman Islands, Singapore, and Ireland.
About EisnerAmper India
EisnerAmper (India) Consultants Pvt. Ltd. (“EA India”) is a subsidiary of Eisner Advisory Group LLC (“EA Group”), which practices in an alternative practice structure with EisnerAmper LLP. EA India employees provide advisory services to clients of EA Group and audit services to clients of Eisner Amper LLP and comply with the professional standards applicable to each of EA India, EA Group and EisnerAmper LLP. EA India employees also provide operational services to EA Group and EisnerAmper LLP. The policies and procedures of EA India, including obligations of confidentiality and non-disclosure, apply to all services provided by EA India employees. All applicants are applying to positions for employment with EA India, and not EA Group or EisnerAmper LLP.
EA India opened its first office in Mumbai in 2007. Over the years, our India footprint has expanded to include offices in Bangalore and Hyderabad. We are a culturally diverse pool of over 500 professionals supporting our global clientele from a range of startups to Fortune 500 entities.