Role: Business Intelligence/c
Eisner Advisory Group LLC is seeking to a key engineering position within our Technology Organization: A Business Intelligence Developer, as a direct report of the Manager of Information Solutions. The role will support the evolution of the Architecture Solutions function which is foundational to the business.
Information Solutions is responsible for the delivery and operation of Data Architecture, Pipelines, Platforms and Analytic Solutions in alignment with the firms Data Strategy.
By working with key stakeholders across the enterprise the role is responsible for establishing and supporting modern data engineering practices for the firm. Strong collaborative partnerships with different technology engineering & operations groups will be fundamental for success.
The role will work to realize these solutions through data acquisition across a wide portfolio of source systems, data preparation, and data visualization, providing information that is both relevant and actionable.
- Design and develop data ETL routines to integrate data from disparate source systems into an integrated business intelligence environment including defining source-to-target mappings, business rules and other required data transformations
- Develop dashboards and reports using Microsoft Power BI, SSRS or other BI technologies.
- Ensuring the quality of the data through utilization of process and technology
- Participation in actively formulating and maintaining both a data catalog and a data dictionary
- Providing data marts and data lakes to support business initiatives
- Conduct business analysis to define the required data to fulfill on business requirements
- Meet with Customers to understand business problems and questions, exploring options to model data driven platforms used for analyzing answers
- Become a trusted partner for Customers who translates business problems into analysis; then helps interpret the analysis into actionable steps
- Actively participate in the design, development, and maintenance of complex BI Dashboards, Reports, Queries, and integrated applications
- Analyze and share results with users to ensure content meets business requirements; and train users to facilitate adoption and understanding of BI reports and tools
- Comprehensive data analysis and design experience, with full knowledge of data warehouse & data mart methodologies as well analysis modeling
- Deliver technical innovations in support of business growth; progressing ideas from concepts to full scale implementation with focus on flexibility, reuse, and overarching extensibility.
- 1-2 + years of experience in the Microsoft business intelligence platform, including SQL Server databases, SQL Server Integration Services, Power BI/SSRS & SSAS and/or Azure Cloud Services
- 1-2+ years of building and maintaining data integration processes
- 1-2+ years supporting large scale data integration and ETL processes including daily monitoring and operational support
- Experience with PowerBI dashboard development or experience with one or more BI reporting tools like QlikView/QlikSense, Tableau, Micro Strategy, Open Source reporting is a plus
- Significant experience in the design and development of data integration solutions and data analysis
- Experience in creating dimensional data models across multiple subject areas is a plus
- Strong command of MS Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Experience building formatted paginated reports using MS SSRS
- Experience with the PowerBI Cloud Services
- Some experience with advanced analytics tools and languages such as R, Python, Scala, SAS, and others
- 1-2+ years of cloud based data platforms (such as Azure, AWS, Snowflake, …)
- 1-2+ years using cloud data integration pipelines
- Experience setting up and managing Power BI Report server is a plus.
- Experience working in data lakes and reference data environments