Eisner Advisory Group LLC is seeking to fill a key leadership position within our Technology Organization: The Head of Business and Application Architecture, as a direct report of the Chief Enterprise Architect. In this role you will support the evolution of the Enterprise Architecture function which is integral to business and technology planning, driving digitization and innovation.
You will lead the definition and maintenance of the firm’s Business Capability Model and Business Application Inventory, including Target State Roadmaps in alignment with Business Strategy.
By working with key stakeholders across the enterprise, including executive leadership, you will help design the requirements, principles, and models for the people, processes, and technologies that support the company's business capabilities. Strong partnerships with different teams in business and technology groups will be fundamental for success.
The role can sit in NJ, and Philadelphia with the flexibility to work remotely some of the time and with the expectation of some travel.
What you'll be doing:
• Build from the ground up the business and application architecture practice as part of the Enterprise Architecture team, establishing and maintaining the firm’s holistic long-term target state
• Educate senior stakeholders in business and technology about the nature and value of capability and process models
• Understand and interpret business strategy, goals, and priorities across business lines and serves as SME across various business segments or functions
• Provide subject matter expertise in how business capabilities interact with technical capabilities to address client business problems and achieve client goals
• Significantly contribute to the development of strategies, principles, and standards to guide business and application architecture efforts across the organization
• Ensure alignment of portfolio and project business and technical requirements to the roadmap and strategic corporate objectives
• Build and maintain the inventories of the company’s business capabilities, business value streams, business process models, and business applications – assuring connectivity to our inventories of data entities and technology products
• Foster productive working relationships with all business and technical leaders, and effectively manage their expectations. Establish the role of leader, consultant, coach, and mentor to support teams and team members through a continuous improvement journey
• Collaborate with other teams in the business lines to foster the adoption of the capability and process models to marry business strategies and technology execution
• Drive capability and process-based analysis to uncover automation and efficiency improvements that result in operational savings for the company, using internal resources and relevant market and industry information
• Engage in proactive periodic architecture reviews with business and technical architects to identify improvement opportunities. Works with the business and technology teams to eliminate gaps and inconsistencies in the business solution architectural design and to prevent the creation of new issues, gaps, or technical debt
• Build and maintains a standard set of enterprise architecture tools and processes that will provide the right level of governance for all EisnerAmper teams
We're looking for someone who has:
• 10+ years of strategic planning experience
• Experience with documenting business processes and functional models and reengineering them to deliver higher efficiencies
• Experience with creating target operating models and roadmaps for execution
• Proven experience in succeeding in environments with significant ambiguity
Ideally you will have:
• Thorough and in-depth knowledge of business and application architecture concepts, processes, and tools
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, e.g., adept at storytelling, presenting thoughts effectively and persuasively to individuals at all levels within the organization including senior leaders
• Experience in creating model-based visual narratives that support a strategic understanding of business capabilities and requirements associated with business initiatives
• Self-motivated, self-starter who can work independently and deliver incremental results
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to enhance the firm’s controls framework, including policies & procedures, and training to provide optimal solutions
• Ability to foster strong professional relationships & partnerships and highly effective facilitation skills within small or large group settings
• Provides input regarding complicated or delicate internal issues that have an important impact on the business
• Ability to lead a program with multiple projects in parallel
• Proven ability to interpret and contextualize strategy for operational needs via specific artifacts such as business capability maps, and value streams to help bridge the gap between strategy and execution including planning, designing, developing, and deploying business processes with the required technology capabilities.
About our Technology Team
Technology is enhancing the ways we operate at every level of the firm, and the EisnerAmper Technology team is the driving force for that. Unlike your average IT team, you won’t find us simply administering technology, but serving as strategic advocates to deliver solutions that bring measurable, positive change for all our clients.
Because we pivot fast and always embrace new perspectives, we’re creating a culture of technology across every department based on value and a true understanding of the business. By serving as partners to leaders throughout the organization, rather than as a resource, our Technology employees are accountable to each other and themselves to create a tangible impact based on results.
The way we see it, there is always something new we can start, stop doing, or reimagine. With this mentality, we don't let perfection get in the way of innovation. If you have a theory, you’ll have the autonomy to innovate, iterate, and collaborate to see it through. Because to us, there are no bad ideas—only avenues for us to grow as a team and individuals.
EisnerAmper is one of the largest accounting, tax and business advisory firms in the U.S., with more than 3,000 employees and over 300 partners across the country. We combine responsiveness with a long-range perspective; to help clients meet the pressing issues they face today, and position them for success tomorrow.
Our clients are enterprises as diverse as sophisticated financial institutions and start-ups, global public firms and middle-market companies, as well as high net worth individuals, family offices, not-for-profit organizations, and entrepreneurial ventures across a variety of industries. We are also engaged by the attorneys, financial professionals, bankers and investors who serve these clients.
Our reach extends globally, with offices in the United Kingdom, Israel, India, the Cayman Islands, Singapore, and Ireland.
EisnerAmper is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.