Join our growing team! EisnerAmper is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Outsourced Finance & Accounting team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is client service oriented, creative and tech savvy.
You will provide outsourced accounting and Controller services for a variety of clients including subsidiaries and joint ventures of Fortune 100 companies, public companies, professionally funded businesses and Fund management companies.
Our diverse client base includes life science, technology, financial services and other industries. You will work with a team of accountants and manage relationships with clients, their auditors, internal auditors and other professionals. Our clients are located throughout the U.S. and are serviced from of our offices and virtual environments.
- Day-to-day management of client accounting and financial reporting accuracy and on-time processing of client information
- Maintain general ledger including accounts payable and accounts receivable sub ledgers
- Process vendor and customer invoices and related payments, including review of account classifications
- Analyze and record credit card statement activity
- Record payroll and related taxes utilizing payroll service reports
- Develop, upload and post journal entries
- Maintain periodic close checklists
- Perform data entry and analysis
- Review of general ledger for any missing transactions and overall accuracy
- Reconcile monthly bank and credit card statements
- Create and maintain monthly reconciliation schedules for prepaid, fixed assets and other accounts
- Prepare periodic financial statements and related analysis
- Assist with other accounting projects, as needed
Basic qualifications for the opportunity
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of recent public accounting experience
- Good knowledge of U.S. GAAP and financial reporting
- Familiarity with cloud based accounting systems including QuickBooks, Xero, Intacct, NetSuite, Bill.com, Concur, Expensify
- Audit experience
- SEC reporting
- Ability to work with and develop team members
- Team player with strong communication and analytical skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
Ideally, you'll also have
- Master’s Degree preferred
- CPA license preferred
- Experience working in a paperless environment strongly preferred
This position can be located anywhere in the US.
About our Outsourced Finance and Accounting Team
The EisnerAmper Outsourced Finance and Accounting Group offers a wide array of services to an even broader range of businesses. EisnerAmper’s Outsourced Finance and Accounting professionals provide services to companies who need timely, accurate, and comprehensive financial reporting, management dashboards, and board reporting for management and investors.
Our “startup mentality,” backed by the institutional knowledge and established reputation of the firm, enables us to be flexible and always test what can take our team and clients to the next level. Whether it’s a new internal process, digital platform, or service offering, we believe that innovative ideas come from all levels and every employee should have the opportunity to make an impact on the business, our clients, and their careers.
To us, every sub-sector in our group functions as its own business—so we need to think like entrepreneurs ourselves, often putting on the shoes of our clients. It’s this mindset that allows us to grow as professionals and provide innovative solutions tailored to our clients’ unique needs.
EisnerAmper is one of the largest accounting, tax and business advisory firms in the U.S., with more than 3,000 employees and over 300 partners across the country. We combine responsiveness with a long-range perspective; to help clients meet the pressing issues they face today, and position them for success tomorrow.
Our clients are enterprises as diverse as sophisticated financial institutions and start-ups, global public firms and middle-market companies, as well as high net worth individuals, family offices, not-for-profit organizations, and entrepreneurial ventures across a variety of industries. We are also engaged by the attorneys, financial professionals, bankers and investors who serve these clients.
Our reach extends globally, with offices in the United Kingdom, Israel, India, the Cayman Islands, Singapore, and Ireland.
EisnerAmper is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For NYC, the expected salary range for this position is between $67,840.00 and $105,667.20. The range for the position in other geographies may vary based on market differences. The actual compensation will be determined based on experience and other factors permitted by law.