- Accountability for work product of the team
- Dissemination and Review of NAVs for PE Funds, while following generally accepted accounting principles, and local tax requirements.
- Complete regulatory reporting and associated client reporting requirements covering all aspects of the fund’s valuation, portfolio, expenses, and transaction volumes ensuring a variety of standard and client/regulatory formats
- Preparation/review of quarterly reporting to investors on the Funds’ and Portfolio companies’
- Performance (comprising NAV, IRRs, costs and investors’ capital accounts)
- Preparation/review of financial statements of Funds (as per defined Accounting Principles) and various audit
- Schedules for the timely completion of statutory audit
- Assist Management team for broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters affecting clients.
- Working with the team in other locations both locally and onshore to define strategy and new projects, including prioritizations.
- Identify and implement corrective action plans across teams while analyzing and assessing business risk
- Working with technology teams as needed, by assisting in special projects, developing bespoke
- reports, developing specifications, product implementation and UAT.
- Serve as primary point of escalation for internal/external staff queries, and develop/manage process, productivity, and quality standards
- Periodic certification of the standard operating procedure documents to keep up with the process updates and rolling them forward to the upcoming funds and new transitions.
- Identify and implement service, system, and process enhancements, lead and evaluate system testing, and train staff on new technology enhancement
- Ensure all MIS/Trackers are accurate and reported on time.
- To be cognizant and consider cross functional impact and dependencies and actively participate with other teams towards overall operations improvement.
Client/CRM Satisfaction (10%)
- Effective engagement with assigned Clients/CRMs to build rapport and proactively manage expectations through various calls/scheduled meetings
- Ensure continuous focus and improvement in service quality for all the assigned deliverables
- Maintain required transparency and communication with Client/CRMs
- Strive to attain 100% client reference and recommendation
People Management and Retention (5%)
- Mentor and foster leadership skills and best practices amongst the team members
- Manage a team of professionals to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties as well as support mechanism for achievement including SMART goal settings
- Encourage and facilitate team communication and rapport building within/across offices
- Build employee motivation and engagement through innovative programs
- Proactively manage attrition
- Identify, mentor and fast track high performers
- Nominate deserving team members for promotions/awards
- Maintain high morale and integrity for self and team
- Ensure awareness of cultural diversity inherent with global teams
- Conduct adequate one on one and group meetings with your teams
- Complete team assessments on a periodic basis
- Manage people’s career aspirations and ensure to keep those in line with organization’s goals
Process Improvements, Special Projects and SOC II Certification (10%)
- Monitor and review benchmark hours and track variances against actual utilization along with appropriate justifications
- Identify efficiency gaps and Implement process improvements
- Strive to increase utilization per FTE through increased productivity and efficiency
- Implement automation/process improvements which result in FTE and Cycle time save
- Monitor ageing of IT bugs and Development requests and follow up with IT to ensure timely closure.
- Actively involve and contribute towards Special projects driven by Management
- Ensure internal controls and procedures are aligned to requirements of SOC II Type 1 requirements
- Achieve 100% success in SOC II Type 1 Audit
Basic qualifications for the opportunity
- The ideal candidate must have an MBA (Finance) / CFA / CA or equivalent qualification
- 6-8 years of work experience in Fund Accounting preferably with hands on experience in Private Equity Funds
- In-depth domain and knowledge of financial markets is a must
- Attention to detail and ability to work with minimal Supervision in a time pressure environment
- Drive to enhance process efficiencies and effectiveness
- Strong project management skills and effective managerial ability
- strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel is a must.
- Experience in Yardi application will have an added advantage