Join our growing team! EisnerAmper is looking for a Accountant to join our Family Office Services team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is client service oriented, creative and tech savvy.
You will provide outsourced accounting and Controller services for a variety of clients with a focus on high-net-worth individuals and families, their personal businesses, joint ventures, and investments.
The Accountant continues the development of their technical knowledge and ability to handle multiple assignments in preparing for advancement in the Firm and the community. You will be responsible for the daily progress of each engagement and have an increasing number of clients assigned over time. Performance is judged based on the quality of work, application of accounting knowledge, ability to meet deadlines, client service and budgets.
- The Accountant manages day to day accounting services to assigned clients. This includes, but is not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, processing and posting payroll, posting of journal entries, research and corrects account discrepancies, communicates with vendors and other related functions. The scope of service will vary depending upon the engagement.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist in the monthly closing of the books and the preparation of internal financial statements.
- Work with different clients at the same time / Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize non-routine accounting, investment and tax issues and, after research, suggest solutions.
- Maintain client files / supporting documentation.
- Assist others with projects.
Basic Qualifications for the Opportunity
- Bachelor’s degree or another discipline with college-level coursework in accounting is preferred.
- 4+ years of accounting and/or bookkeeping including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
- Good knowledge of U.S. GAAP and financial reporting
- Familiarity with accounting systems including QuickBooks, Xero, Bill.com, Expensify. Certified QuickBooks Online and Xero advisors preferred.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Ability to work with and develop team members in-person and remotely.
- Team player with strong communication and analytical skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Reliable high-speed internet connection capable of remote work and video conferencing.
- CPA/CPA eligible preferred, but not required.
About our Family Office Team
The EisnerAmper Outsourced Finance and Accounting Group offers a wide array of services to an even broader range of businesses. As part of our firm’s full service capabilities, EisnerAmper’s Family Office practice provides a comprehensive, integrated approach to multigenerational, multi-branch family offices assisting them in achieving their vision. EisnerAmper’s approach utilizes a platform by which appropriate expertise can be delivered to the U.S. and global marketplace, offering traditional accounting, tax and advisory services to individuals and family offices, both those that are structured as a single or multi-family office.
Our “startup mentality,” backed by the institutional knowledge and established reputation of the firm, enables us to be flexible and always test what can take our team and clients to the next level. Whether it’s a new internal process, digital platform, or service offering, we believe that innovative ideas come from all levels and every employee should have the opportunity to make an impact on the business, our clients, and their careers.
To us, every sub-sector in our group functions as its own business—so we need to think like entrepreneurs ourselves, often putting on the shoes of our clients. It’s this mindset that allows us to grow as professionals and provide innovative solutions tailored to our clients’ unique needs.
EisnerAmper is one of the largest accounting, tax and business advisory firms in the U.S., with more than 3,000 employees and over 300 partners across the country. We combine responsiveness with a long-range perspective; to help clients meet the pressing issues they face today, and position them for success tomorrow.
Our clients are enterprises as diverse as sophisticated financial institutions and start-ups, global public firms and middle-market companies, as well as high net worth individuals, family offices, not-for-profit organizations, and entrepreneurial ventures across a variety of industries. We are also engaged by the attorneys, financial professionals, bankers and investors who serve these clients.
Our reach extends globally, with offices in the United Kingdom, Israel, India, the Cayman Islands, Singapore, and Ireland.
EisnerAmper is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For NYC, the expected salary range for this position is between $67,840.00 and $105,667.20. The range for the position in other geographies may vary based on market differences. The actual compensation will be determined based on experience and other factors permitted by law.