EisnerAmper is one of the largest accounting, tax, and business advisory firms, with nearly 4,000 employees and more than 350 partners across the world. We combine responsiveness with a long-range perspective; to help clients meet the pressing issues they face today, and position them for success tomorrow.
Our clients are enterprises as diverse as sophisticated financial institutions and start-ups, global public firms and middle-market companies, as well as high net worth individuals, family offices, not-for-profit organizations, and entrepreneurial ventures across a variety of industries. We are also engaged by the attorneys, financial professionals, bankers and investors who serve these clients.
Our reach extends globally, with offices in the United Kingdom, Israel, India, the Cayman Islands, Singapore, and Ireland.
The Associate Director- IT Project Management is responsible for high level oversight and management of large, multi-faced IT projects The position will work with clients and project team members on the development, execution, and tracking of Agile application development and business intelligence projects. This position provides or manages a team that provides business analysis, requirements definition, and software testing support to client facing projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems and Decision Sciences, or a related field is required.
• 7+ years of relevant experience may substitute for education requirement.
• Relevant certifications preferred are: Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Certified SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), Advanced Project Manager Certification (APMC).
• 7+ years of direct experience in Agile project management or consulting is required.
• Experience with Agile application delivery processes, system development life cycle, business assessments, and programs such as JIRA, Confluence, Asana, Zephyr, TestRail, Trello, Basecamp, TFS, Azure DevOps is preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in a project leadership or supervisory role is required.
• Proficiency of Scrum or other Agile methodologies.
• In-depth understanding of Agile, its values and principles, including backlog grooming, release and sprint planning, Agile status reporting, and more.
• Experienced in Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes.
• Able to effectively manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and adjust priorities appropriately in an evolving work environment with shifting time frames.
• Ability to work in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
• Able to lead, build, and manage effective teams for small, medium, and large scale projects.
• Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative, and continuously changing environment.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in business and technical environments and within a diverse group of individuals.
• High degree of professionalism including the ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
• Technically proficient with the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite of products, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook.
• May be required to work extended hours in the work week and weekends, as needed.
• May be required to travel and work from different company and client locations.
• Leads, directs and manages projects and multi-disciplinary tasks within scope of program or project to support Agile teams.
• Performs assessments of business needs and assists team members/developers to translate these needs into project requirements.
• Tracks and confirms business system development and implementation efforts.
• Creates and distributes regular reports on project progress, blockers, milestones, and resource needs. Helps identify and clear impediments for Agile teams.
• Communicates effectively and consistently with all project stakeholders. Promotes transparency at all times regarding project status, issues and risks to stakeholders.
• Serves as one of the Firm’s primary contacts with clients.
• Serves as a liaison between technical and non-technical departments. Ensures internal customers are kept informed of development issues.
• Identifies resources needed and assigning individual responsibilities within a project.
• Works with other leadership to define project scope and deliver a detailed plan for a successful outcome based on project objectives. Estimates effort and resources required for responsibilities and ensures all are prioritized effectively and delivered on time.
• Ensures project documents and plans are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Attends process improvement meetings to; identify people, process and technology improvements to be made enhance team and project performance. Builds and maintains trusted relationships with diverse group of clients, team members, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Oversees in the development and implementation of structured testing concepts, methodologies, and manual testing support tools.
• Ensures compliance with applicable policies and procedures, laws and regulations, and keeps current on compliance-related areas.
• Prepares deliverables/reports for review by the Director/Partner that include any noted issues, trends and other micro/macro level risks identified through the execution of projects activities.
• Oversight of functionality testing of new applications and existing software enhancements to ensure they meet business requirements through performing end to end business scenario tests.
• Oversight of regression testing of new applications and existing software enhancements to identify any possible impacts caused by changes.
• Manages the team through all phases of a project including strategic planning, work planning, mobilization, execution, and closeout consistent with established program delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget and other contract requirements.
• Ongoing mentoring of team, performing assessment and completion of performance appraisals, promotion recommendations, on-the-job training, and professional development.
• Participates in Firm recruiting activities.
• Provides courteous and prompt service to all internal and external parties. Prioritizes and addresses requests and assignments in a professional and cooperative manner.
• Identifies opportunities and recommends methods to improve service, and work processes. Assists in the implementation of quality improvement initiatives.
• May assist co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments to ensure continuity of service and demonstrating team work skills. Actively supports teamwork throughout the organization.
• Perform other services as assigned.
• May periodically travel and work from different company locations.
• May be required to work overtime, and/or on weekends as needed.
• Must arrive at EisnerAmper offices or client locations in a timely manner and be ready to perform job responsibilities.
Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. The work environment is considered to be that of a typical business/office operation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Flexible Spending & Health Savings Account
• Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
• Employee assistance program and other firm benefits.
Join our team of professionals and take a firm step forward in your career. With an established mentor program and defined career paths for a range of specialties and skill sets, EisnerAmper is a place where professionals of all experience levels thrive. Our Lifelong Learning program, combined with technical training opportunities for staff, ensure that this is a place where our employees can grow — and with a rich office culture and a strong commitment to work/life balance, EisnerAmper is a place where you'll be happy to do so. To be considered for employment, visit www.careers.eisneramper.com, complete an employment application and Explore Your Next Opportunity with EisnerAmper.
EisnerAmper is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our full-time positions also offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Account
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Employee assistance program and other firm benefits.