EisnerAmper is one of the largest accounting, tax, and business advisory firms, with nearly 4,000 employees and more than 350 partners across the world. We combine responsiveness with a long-range perspective; to help clients meet the pressing issues they face today, and position them for success tomorrow.
Our clients are enterprises as diverse as sophisticated financial institutions and start-ups, global public firms and middle-market companies, as well as high net worth individuals, family offices, not-for-profit organizations, and entrepreneurial ventures across a variety of industries. We are also engaged by the attorneys, financial professionals, bankers and investors who serve these clients.
Our reach extends globally, with offices in the United Kingdom, Israel, India, the Cayman Islands, Singapore, and Ireland.
Under direct supervision, the Assurance Staff position performs assigned tasks in the technical areas of client engagements or projects and delivering quality services related to the financial statement audits, reviews, and compilation for a variety of clients and industries to maintain valuable client relationships.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or another field is required.
• Must be eligible to obtain the CPA certification (Bachelor’s degree, 150 hours of completed coursework* and the required accounting classes.
• *Applicants that have 9 credit hours or less remaining to achieving CPA eligibility may also be considered, as long as they are on track to receive those credits within 6 months of their full-time start date.
• No certificate required.
• No experience is required, but employment in an accounting based internship or other activity is preferred.
• Exhibits strong analytical ability and diligently performs assigned tasks with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity.
• Must effectively communicate with a diverse group of individuals professionally and appropriately.
• Exhibit a high degree of professionalism including the ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
• Highly organized and capable of functioning in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating an ability to adjust to non-routine assignments/unexpected situations.
• Demonstrate critical thinking skill capabilities.
• Have appropriate technical knowledge, critical and independent thinking skills, a desire to learn, and self-disciplined.
• Technically proficient with the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite of products or similar software applications.
• Plans and performs financial statement audits, reviews, and compilations.
• Participates on assigned engagements: conduct audit tests of control and compliance and on accounts such as cash, accounts payable, and fixed assets to verify fair representation of client financial statements, identify issues and propose appropriate solutions, perform research on technical issues, maintain the ability to apply GAAP and GAAS consistently, and perform self-review of work product.
• Maintains a continuing base knowledge of accounting, audit, and tax requirements.
• Actively upon employment, prepares for and takes the CPA examination until successful completion of the exam.
• Completes assigned engagements/tasks in an efficient and timely manner as defined by budget and specific engagement expectations.
• Coordinates with the audit team lead on all phases of the engagement, including communications with the client, scheduling, and assignments.
• Assists engagement leaders in making professional decisions related to engagements including the assessment of engagement risks, determining which procedures to perform to arrive at a desired level of assurance, and evaluating supporting evidence with professional skepticism.
• Communicates any significant findings or questions that involve accounting principles or financial statement presentation to engagement leaders.
• Develops proficiency for Firm software applications and procedures.
• Participates in Firm recruiting activities as appropriate
• Maintains the required CPE for Firm and licensing standards.
• Attends and actively engages in training sessions and/or meetings as required.
• Provides courteous and prompt service to all internal and external parties. Prioritizes and addresses requests and assignments in a professional and cooperative manner.
• Identifies opportunities and recommends methods to improve service, and work processes. Assists in the implementation of quality improvement initiatives.
• May assist co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments to ensure continuity of service and demonstrating team work skills. Actively supports teamwork throughout the organization.
• Perform other services as assigned.
• May periodically travel and work from different company locations.
• May be required to work overtime, and/or on weekends as needed.
• Must arrive at EisnerAmper offices or client locations in a timely manner and be ready to perform job responsibilities.
Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. The work environment is considered to be that of a typical business/office operation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Flexible Spending & Health Savings Account
• Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
• Employee assistance program and other firm benefits.
Join our team of professionals and take a firm step forward in your career. With an established mentor program and defined career paths for a range of specialties and skill sets, EisnerAmper is a place where professionals of all experience levels thrive. Our Lifelong Learning program, combined with technical training opportunities for staff, ensure that this is a place where our employees can grow — and with a rich office culture and a strong commitment to work/life balance, EisnerAmper is a place where you'll be happy to do so. To be considered for employment, visit www.careers.eisneramper.com, complete an employment application and Explore Your Next Opportunity with EisnerAmper.
EisnerAmper is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our full-time positions also offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Account
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Employee assistance program and other firm benefits.